I try and plan my weekends so that Sunday afternoons are the least stressful parts, but somehow that never works.
It is 4 PM, and I sit here, eating Teddie peanut butter from the jar with a spoon, blogging instead of completing my other 100 assignments.
Maybe one day I will learn to actually do my work earlier on.
Anyway, as I trek through the process of the recipe PDF I described here, the change in season demands for some new food to be posted on AdventurouslyOrganic! For about two years now, I have been getting the Peanut Butter and Jelly smoothie from Skinny Buddha, which I review here.
Although the smoothie is so delicious, replicating it with my personal blender has been a challenge. But on Wednesday, when I got the smoothie for my birthday, I took a peak over the counter to see what Skinny Buddha does. Ever since, I have tweaked the recipe, and I think I finally got it!
So this week, if you’re feeling hungry, thirsty, bored, sad, happy, healthy, or just have some spare strawberries in the fridge, give this a whirl. It will not disappoint!
- 5-6 medium size, ripe strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Generous heaping 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 6-7 ice cubes, depending on how slushy/liquidy you prefer
- Add the strawberries, almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla, sea salt, and maple syrup to the blender first.
- Add the ice on top.
- Blend until smooth- usually 45-75 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!